The Rising Tide North America Trainers’ Network functions as an all-volunteer grassroots network of trainers, working to further the climate justice movement through sharing skills, building leadership and expanding capacity of local groups. We seek to support local organizations and groups that are engaged in struggles for justice of all kinds.
Trainings offered include:
- Strategy: organizing 101 and campaign strategy
- Direct Action
- Media and publications and action media strategy
- Know Your Rights/legal issues
- Tactical Skills
- Trainings for how to do direct action trainings
- Arts for direct action
Guiding Principles of RTNA Training Network:
- We are a broad group of trainers who live and work with different campaigns around the continent.
- We train with a strong ethic of environmental-justice, collective liberation, and anti-capitalism.
- We seek to support positive solidarity work with front-line communities and those most impacted by climate change and environmental devastation.
- We understand that different campaigns, regions, and communities need different things from trainers. To this end we commit to working with local groups and organizations to find the best fit of trainers to needs.
- Our goal to help connect local groups and organizations with quality trainers and trainings that can help local and regional campaigns grow in terms of skills, strategy, and analysis.
- We can assist with larger camps and training scenarios as well. Get a hold of us to talk through ideas, concerns, and questions you may have with any organizing endeavor you may have.