Rising Tide folks with a lot of support from others have set up a new website with information from the grassroots, for the grassroots radical and progressive response to Hurricane Gustav. We are currently receiving or collecting information from a dozen or so groups in the area.
Please spread the word: http://gustavsolidarity.org
The site features:
- Information on how to support community organized relief efforts and grassroots organizations doing social justice work in hurricane affected areas.
- Needs lists from affected communities and organization that need support.
- (soon) Sample flyers, announcements, etc. for organizing fundraisers, movie showings, and solidarity vigils in your community.
Keep in mind:
- Even if there is no flooding in New Orleans and surrounding parish’s there is going to be major disruptions to social justice organizing in the area.
- We have yet to receive updates from the poor, highly vulnerable, not to mention highly oil-industry impacted communities along the coast