UPCOMING ACTIONS AND ACTION CAMPS
- March 16th – 23rd – Tar Sands Blockade Week of Action
- March 18th – 22nd – Great Plains Tar Sands Resistance – Ponca City, Oklahoma
- March 24th – 30th – EF! Climber Guild Climb Camp – Finger Lakes region of NY
Tar Sands Blockade Disrupts TransCanada Executive Gears up for Week of Action
An activist with Tar Sands Blockade locked his neck to a projector screen and successfully disrupted a TransCanada presentation at an oil industry gathering in Houston. In taking direct action, Ethan Nuss confronted in-person Paul Miller, TransCanada’s Executive Vice President of Oil Pipelines, and a ballroom of tar sands industry investors, demanding a halt to the toxic Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.
For TransCanada “business as usual” means death and destruction for our communities. Find actions and events in your community as part of the Week of Action to Stop Tar Sands Profiteers, March 16-23.
Youth Activists Blockade TransCanada’s Offices
On Monday, March 11, over 100 people representing a coalition of students, members of the Massachusetts Methodist clergy, mothers fighting for their children, and concerned community members marched into the Westborough, MA office of TransCanada Corporation and held a funeral mourning the loss of our future at the hands of the Keystone XL Pipeline. The pipeline will transport the tar sands that climate scientists say will lock us into irreversible global warming.
Of those 100 protesters, 25 of them locked themselves together with handcuffs and were arrested in an act of civil disobedience. Carrying a coffin emblazoned with the words “Our Future,” they held flowers and sang an elegy as we marched in procession.
Do You Like Rising Tide On Facebook?
If not click LIKE now! Bill O’Reilly has 590,000 Facebook fans. Rush Limbaugh has 1.1 million. Glen Beck has 2.2 million. We only have you to help us counter the right wing hate and climate denial
machines. Please LIKE us on Facebook and help spread the word about climate action.
- 20,000 gallons of oil leak from a pipeline in Texas
- Tens of thousands march for climate action in Washington, DC
- Ohio residents shut down fracking waste storage facility
- Donate to the Red Lake Blockade of the Enbridge Pipeline in Northern Minnesota
- Idle No More Day of Action March 21st
- Screening of Tipping Point: The Age of Oil Sands in Santa Cruz, CA
- DC Rising Tide action on March 21st for Tar Sands Solidarity Week
- Save the date for fun at ALEC’s 40th anniversary April 7th-9th